Data Security & Compliance
In today’s fast paced and dynamic world, data security is of the utmost importance. A breach of sensitive financial, proprietary, or personal information can result in legal penalties, business interruptions, theft of intellectual property, or even the loss of the business entirely.
Most organization are bound by state and federal privacy laws at a minimum. HIPAA, the Heath Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, and other standards for the protection of personal information, set strict standards for protecting sensitive data. Companies that deal with protected sensitive data must ensure that all required physical and virtual processes and safeguards are compliant.
- Encryption: Encryption is the process of converting information or data into a code to prevent unauthorized access. We offer a wide range of encryption capabilities including:
- Whole Disk Encryption for computers and servers
- Encryption of network communications
- Mobile Device Encryption and Management
- Protected Communications Encryption for email and voice
- Encryption for online data and storage solutions
- HIPAA Compliance: Our trusted advisors can assist you with keeping your technology HIPAA-compliant. Although many companies in the healthcare field make significant to ensure the privacy of sensitive data, their technology is often insufficient to keep data safe from threats.
- Security & Monitoring: In addition to protecting your data, the technology your systems run on must be secure as well. When building technology solutions, we employ a concept called Secure by Design, where security is the core function of your systems and services, by design. We also monitor systems for breaches and changes.
- Secure Access: Lockdown who and what has access to your data, systems, and facilities.
- VPN & Secure Networks
- Restricted logon to systems
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Restricted access to physical facilities
In addition to the safe guards outlined here, APC designs, implements, and manages custom information security protocols and systems to meet the unique needs of our clients.
For more information on how your organization can benefit from our Data Security Services, please give us a call at (617) 481-9901